Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 04:41 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Where is located "defaults.persistent.lua" in Android

I want to change dictionary path to default one in "defaults.persistent.lua" as documented here. However, my Poke 2 KOreader does not contain that file inside koreader folder.

A search here for "defaults.persistent.lua" returns nothing, and I was not able to find where to put that file and internal format file. "settings" folder? KOreader root folder? What is the file format? Plain text?

PS: KOreader documentation is not very useful because lacks this kind of things. In one part it says you can modify "defaults.persistent.lua" but then don't explain where that file is and what format is or offers a sample file or installation comes with an empty sample file. It is not easy to make this program run for a luser like me, even more difficult if thinks like that aren't explained enough.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:29 AM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
You create it from defaults.lua, i.e. just edit name and add ".persistent" part. And it should stay in same directory (i.e. koreader's root).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
You create it from defaults.lua, i.e. just edit name and add ".persistent" part. And it should stay in same directory (i.e. koreader's root).
Thanks, but my installation does not have defaults.lua. I created one from scratch, added

Code:
STARDICT_DATA_DIR = "/sdcard/dicts"
restarted and is working.

Thanks to tell me the location of the file.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
PS: KOreader documentation is not very useful because lacks this kind of things. In one part it says you can modify "defaults.persistent.lua" but then don't explain where that file is and what format is or offers a sample file or installation comes with an empty sample file. It is not easy to make this program run for a luser like me, even more difficult if thinks like that aren't explained enough.
Yup. I did wrote the code to overwrite the stardict data path and updated the documentation. My opinion is in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-602195031.

All users are welcome to help on the wiki, as stated in https://github.com/koreader/koreader#support. In this specific case is a matter of saying "If defaults.persistent.lua doesn't exist just create it in koreader directory".

One could think that's still unhelpful for certain users (please don't do it on Notepad, the right folder is "x", you need to restart the program to apply the changes...), but these users are not expected to perform these kind of changes. If they want they can ask here or in github. We're pretty liberal with that.

Keep in mind that most of us are just users commiting things for fun. If I had to document any single feature to be helpful for newbies I won't commit a single thing.

BTW, ,most of the job on the wiki was done by Alan_S. A big thank you for your work.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:41 AM   #5
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
BTW, ,most of the job on the wiki was done by Alan_S. A big thank you for your work.
Well, some of the work is, but to be true, it is just to mention some of the great features you guys add to great koreader.
Advert
Old 07-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Well, some of the work is, but to be true, it is just to mention some of the great features you guys add to great koreader.
Don't be so humble. You're top 4 among all Wiki contributors and nº1 if you exclude devs.

Code:
   190  Huang Xin
    91  Frans de Jonge
    85  NiLuJe
    74  Alan
    65  houqp
    50  Robert
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Alan_S
Evangelist

Well, I more wanted to tell, it's much harder to make new feature than to mention in wiki that there's one.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #8
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Yeah, I should add some of the stuff I've worked out to the wiki if it's pertinent. I tend to just post it here so people can find it. Bit overwhelmed atm.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote