Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
lecouvie
lecouvie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Kobo Aura and Overdrive

hi, new here and don't have the time to search, so thanks for the support

I am going to sell my Kindle paperwhite and replace it with a Kobo Aura, as i read a book every two days and don't like giving Amazon that much money.

so i will buy some and borrow many from my public library.

i need someone to confirm that Overdrive can be loaded on an Aura without any hacks etc so that i can log into my library and read the e-books i borrow

thanks everyone!

norm
lecouvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
lecouvie
lecouvie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
thanks in advance for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecouvie View Post
hi, new here and don't have the time to search, so thanks for the support

I am going to sell my Kindle paperwhite and replace it with a Kobo Aura, as i read a book every two days and don't like giving Amazon that much money.

so i will buy some and borrow many from my public library.

i need someone to confirm that Overdrive can be loaded on an Aura without any hacks etc so that i can log into my library and read the e-books i borrow

thanks everyone!

norm
thanks in advance for the support
lecouvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Never mind, I thought you were talking about eink readers.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do you live outside the United States? I assume so, because otherwise you could do the same by checking books out to your Kindle account.

All you need to do is authorize your Kobo with an Adobe ID, and download the library books into Adobe Digital Editions.
Then you can sideload the loans onto your Kobo using ADE.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
You can not install Overdrive on an Aura. You need to download the books to a computer with ADE on it, and then via ADE transfer the book to the Aura.

You will also have to have authorized the Aura to ADE.

PS: This sub-forum is for the Android based line of Kobo devices; this question actually belongs in the main Kobo forum where we discuss the eInk based devices.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You can not install Overdrive on an Aura. You need to download the books to a computer with ADE on it, and then via ADE transfer the book to the Aura.

You will also have to have authorized the Aura to ADE.

PS: This sub-forum is for the Android based line of Kobo devices; this question actually belongs in the main Kobo forum where we discuss the eInk based devices.
That was the answer I gave, then got confused due to where the Q was posted.

At any rate, I just did that with a Kobo Glo, it was fairly easy and painless to get the library book onto the device in that manner.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
I installed Adobe Digital editions (3.0) and free for that very reason. After registering your device with Adobe transferring library books over to the Aura is a breeze
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
yeah use ADE and transfer over, i live in the UK and the main reason i went with Kobo and not Kindle was that you cannot borrow ebooks from a library on a kindle in the uk
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since the Kobo Aura is NOT a tablet (and this sub-forum is for Kobo tablets), this thread has been moved out of the Kobo sub-forum and into....

....the Kobo Forum.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-09-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote