Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 03:06 AM   #1
Blaineoreski
Zealot
Blaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Question Anyway to Create Headers and Footers Such That They Can't Be Selected

Hi!

Often times I'll be copying across a pagebreaks in PDF. I generate headers and footers from the GUI, EPUB >> PDF, with this:

<header style="justify-content: flex-end; color: gray; font-size: small;padding-top: 20px;"><div class="odd-page"><i>_SECTION_</i></div></header>
<p style="text-align:center; color: gray; font-size: small"> _PAGENUM_</p>

When you drag the select across the pagebreak you'll get all those details in the selection.

Anyway to suppress that? Such that the headers and footers are NON-selectable?

I've got PDF X-change editor, so if there are any tools there you can think of, that'd work, too. But, question is - in going from Epub to PDF - any way to set the headers and footers into the page so they can't be copied?

Thanks!
Blaineoreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No as far as I know there is no way to make text in a pdf not copyable, regardless of its location.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert