Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Unable to Connect to Sony Reader PRS-500

For some time now, I have been unable to access my PRS-500 with Calibre on Windows XP. Windows can access it. The Sony software can access it. Calibre can see it, but cannot access it. I get the following error:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 476, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 201, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 248, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 250, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 394, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 391, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'
When I first started experiencing this issue, I read somewhere that it could be a bad USB cable, so I tried two different ones. Same problem. I've had this problem over several issues of Calibre now. Can anyone help?
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reformat your sony drive as FAT32 or delete some files from its root directory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Reformatting worked. Thanks
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote