Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #31
notatree
notatree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage | Kobo Clara 2E/Libra 2 (128GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
This is really concerning. The Libra Colour is not a suitable replacement for the Libra 2, but I don't see the Libra 2 on Amazon anymore, either. I hope Kobo either fixes the stock situation or announces the Libra BW soon. I fear that Kobo is planning to discontinue BW readers > 6" if the Libra Colour sells well...
I haven't seen any new updates from Netronix via the FCC so I doubt there's something coming unless they went through someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
Having just tried the new Libra Color in my local store, I can notice a significant speed upgrade compared to the previous gen Libra 2. As I recall, this is attributed to a doubling of the processor in the new Libra. As screen update is always a bane to any e-ink reader, this may be an issue you want to think about before choosing.
Based on Wikipedia it looks like an upgrade with a more efficient and dual core processor and then the speed upgrade from microSD to eMMC. I would love to see a Libra BW with the same specs even if upgrading the storage would be more annoying.
notatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 07:58 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatree View Post
Oh I live in the US, the Libra 2 that vanished on me was on Amazon. I checked on Kobo and Walmart but Amazon was the only one with stock but I unfortunately waited too long.
You are not out of luck. Order from Chapters in Canada. It's where I ordered my Aura H2O. ordered it on Thanksgiving and it arrived on Sunday.

https://www.indigo.ca/en-ca/kobo-lib...495008421.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:43 PM   #33
notatree
notatree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage | Kobo Clara 2E/Libra 2 (128GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are not out of luck. Order from Chapters in Canada. It's where I ordered my Aura H2O. ordered it on Thanksgiving and it arrived on Sunday.

https://www.indigo.ca/en-ca/kobo-lib...495008421.html
Excellent. I feel silly for not checking the white model, I saw "Sold exclusively in stores." while on the black model and moved on. I didn't know they were shipped that fast but that's great. Thanks for looking out.
notatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:19 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatree View Post
Excellent. I feel silly for not checking the white model, I saw "Sold exclusively in stores." while on the black model and moved on. I didn't know they were shipped that fast but that's great. Thanks for looking out.
Happy to help. Let us know how you get on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote