Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 12:19 PM   #1
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Wildcard and Soundex (Phonetic) Searches in Kobo e-Reader

When reading both KEPUB and PDF files using the default reader on my Kobo Libra Colour, my understanding is that the built-in search function supports searches using wildcard characters (such as *) and phoenetic (SoundeX). But I can't get this work.

Can someone confirm? How do I those these searches? Kobo is obviously returning results that are not exact matches, so some approximations are being used in returning the search results.

Help!
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've never even heard of SoundeX. Where did you hear that Kobo supports this? The first result I get when searching the web for Kobo SoundeX is... this thread.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert