Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 01:56 AM   #1
Mich06
Mich06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32 GB
Content server viewer problem while reading epub files

Hello,

I recently tried to use the content server on my Iphone using Safari, it works well, except for some strange behavior of the viewer.

I click "Read" on one of my epubs, then it downloads it, then the books loads. I navigate in the book on tapping on the right area to go forward, left area backwards.
The problem is that when reaching the end of a chapter, tapping on the right area shows a blank page. To get to the following chapter, i must choose it from the table of contents, or move finger from top to bottom. What is strange is that that behavior doesn't occur backwards : for the left area, tapping left correctly navigates backwards from the 1st page of the new chapter to the last page of the last chapter.

I tried with multiple epubs, same behavior.
What can I do ?

Thanks
Mich06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what version of iOS is this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #3
Mich06

Old 11-01-2021, 02:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's very old. If you can update doing so will probably fix it. I can tell you that it works fine on iOS 14 and 15.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:10 AM   #5
Mich06

Unfortunately, updating Apple software now means updating Apple hardware, at full cost (my Iphone is only 6 years old, and works perfectly)...
Advert