Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Calibre cant add djvu files with proper book cover

Hi

I have bunch of djvu files and I added them to Calibre. None of them have covers in Calibre. However pdf files are ok. Is this a limitation?

You can find some sample files from archive.org

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre only supports djvu files that contain text. Not files that are collections of images.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
The text layer of DJVU files from Archive.org is usually a raw OCR scan intended for locating text on the image layer.

My experience of it is that it is relatively poor as a source for an e-book without extensive editing by eyeball comparison with the image text.

On the books I have worked on this way I've imported the OCR'd text layer to LibreOffice Writer then edited that on one PC while viewing the DJVU Image on another. Only when happy with the edited text version have I converted it to EPUB for input to Calibre. Doing the sort of text manipulation needed to clean up such poor OCR scan text needs a proper Word Processor.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:21 PM   #4
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
djvu-covers plugin

See the djvu-covers plugin or the more recent calibre_djvu_covers (which only requires ImageMagick's 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚝 command).
Calibre should be able to do DjVu cover generating in-house. I'm really surprised it doesn't.

Last edited by Geremia; 12-10-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote