Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-20-2024, 07:25 PM   #1
libeluratio
libeluratio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Help with simple plugin development

Hi everyone,

I wrote a simple lua plugin for koreader, enabling a "double screen refresh" when reading.

This can help with reading color mangas/comics to limit ghosting.

But, I would like the plugin to do something only if what is actually displayed is a color image. (At the moment, the "double refresh" is always active, event on text or black and white images).

And I don't know how to do that. My color files in cbz archives contains "_color" in their names so I thought instead of analysing the picture pixel by pixel (probably a bad idea on a e-reader), simply checking the name of the image currently displayed would be a "good" way to go, but I have no idea how to get the name of the image displayed in my lua plugin.

If someone could help me on this one, it would be very nice

Thanks

Last edited by libeluratio; 06-20-2024 at 07:27 PM.
libeluratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 04:29 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
So you have CBZs with a mix of BW and color images?

And you want the "double screen refresh" just on color images, right?

I'm not sure if it is possible to retrieve the specific asset rendered by the engine.

OTOH, it should be easy to just register a couple of actions into the dispatcher to toggle your feature based on the document you're reading. That doesn't fix the issue w/ color vs bw but I can't imagine how that can bother you just on bw pages.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2024, 04:46 PM   #3
libeluratio
libeluratio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
So you have CBZs with a mix of BW and color images?

And you want the "double screen refresh" just on color images, right?

I'm not sure if it is possible to retrieve the specific asset rendered by the engine.

OTOH, it should be easy to just register a couple of actions into the dispatcher to toggle your feature based on the document you're reading. That doesn't fix the issue w/ color vs bw but I can't imagine how that can bother you just on bw pages.
Hi, thank you for your answer.

Yes, the idea is to do a double refresh only when the page is color, because it is not needed for bw images (at least on the Inkpad color 3 I'm playing with).
A double refresh is good for decreasing/erasing the ghosting on color image, but it is also a bit annoying when reading (takes longer for the page to be ready). So, since it is not needed for bw image, I would like to be able to detect if the current image is color or bw to know if the plugin should do something (double refresh) or no (simple refresh).

I did not manage how to get the name of the current image displayed, but I saw that I had access to the picture size with self.view.document:getPageBBox(page).
So for the moment, I have a solution that works but is not ideal: When converting my source CBZ to crop and resize image to the Inkpad's resolution, if the image is color, I crop one pixel on the width.
And in my plugin, I check the image width: if it is lower than the screen width, then it is a color image, then the plugin do the double refresh.

I wish to find a better way to do that, but at least for now it is working
libeluratio is offline   Reply With Quote