Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Lightbulb Data Transfer

One of the things I had early noticed about my jetbook was that the USB data transfer rate seemed slow. After lurking around here eventually someone came out with the fact that it is the old usb standard 1.1. Where computers and most stuff nowdays is the new USB 2.0 standard.

Well I happened to run across a cheap SD card adapter. I ended up buying a pair here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6858 at 2.99$ each with free shipping.

Well they finally arrived today, so I pulled the SD card out, popped it into the adapter, popped it into my computers USB port. Viola, new mass storage device popped up, empty folder opens.

I had a folder sitting ready, 1306 books, just under 1 gig in total size.
Took less than 5 min to copy the works to the SD card in the adapter. Then drop the SD card back into my Jetbook, power up and Shazaam! I'm ready to rock and roll for a long long time.

Also my wife just bought a new 2GB SD card, and it came with one also.

Simple to use and if you transfering more than a few books a real time saver.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I love DX!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
The USB takes forever to transfer. Good thing my laptop has this SD reader. I use that to transfer files to the card.

I took a look at the site you gave. They have excellent deals! Thanks for sharing.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
yes, I use SD cards too. I have jetBook and jetBook-Lite so I keep all books on SD cards in order to exchange cards between my jetBooks if needed.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Keep in mind that while DX is very cheap, shipping takes a looooooooong time. Just don't be in any rush.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert