Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
asteroidman
asteroidman began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
Jetbook lite no longer accepts transfers - help!!!!!

I am recent new oner of jetbook lite........i eas eager to test it out and trandseferrea number of pdf's to it using XP file copy to main memory of ereader. This seemed to be fine and so i decided to copy mpore books over - it seemed to work but when i disconnected the cable and went to the Books section the new books werent there.

I reconnected the cable and tried to find the files but they werent there. i tried copying them again but once i disconnect they disappear! I an runnning v0.13e firmware and have tried updating to v14 but it doesnt seem to recognixe the files on the SD card.

There also doesnt seem to be an Ectaco support number to call so i am stumped. What am i doing wrong???
asteroidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteroidman View Post
I am recent new oner of jetbook lite........i eas eager to test it out and trandseferrea number of pdf's to it using XP file copy to main memory of ereader. This seemed to be fine and so i decided to copy mpore books over - it seemed to work but when i disconnected the cable and went to the Books section the new books werent there.

I reconnected the cable and tried to find the files but they werent there. i tried copying them again but once i disconnect they disappear! I an runnning v0.13e firmware and have tried updating to v14 but it doesnt seem to recognixe the files on the SD card.

There also doesnt seem to be an Ectaco support number to call so i am stumped. What am i doing wrong???
you can find ectaco support phone number on the bottom of this page:
http://www.fictionwise.com/hardware/...te/landing.htm
I have 14n version firmware and have no problem like this
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Before anything else do a hard reset and check the files. I have seen this happen with windows writing to a linux device and not closing out properly. ALLWAYS and make sure you put away the drive before you disconnect it.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote