Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #1231
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
I'm unclear on the meaning of search for recommended books on overdrive no longer supported.
I should have been clearer. That is a statement about a change by OverDrive, not a change in this plugin.

The ability to search OverDrive for books that can be recommended used to be available for a limited set of lending libraries. It is no longer available for any of them.

Quote:
The Overdrive site does not make it clear what they mean other than to say that books can only actually be recommended now in LIBBY and not Overdrive. Doesn't say anything about searching.

Does that mean we can indeed still search for them?
No. They took away the ability to recommend books and also the ability to search for books to recommend.

Quote:
If not, why does the Customize Plugin dialog still contain the box to check for recommended books (slow)?
I haven't gotten around to removing that option yet. At this point it does not do anything.

On further thought I am going to leave it in place since it still applies to Cloud Library.

Last edited by jhowell; 06-22-2023 at 04:00 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:36 PM   #1232
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
thanks!
A
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2023, 03:36 AM   #1233
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't know if it's my fault (although password is good), but when searching for books, I get this error:

Spoiler:

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Signing in to OCLS.3M: : Exception('Missing mmmWebPatron.UserSession')

Is there something I can check?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 07:56 AM   #1234
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I don't know if it's my fault (although password is good), but when searching for books, I get this error...
The CloudLibrary website has changed and is no longer compatible with this plugin. I will release an update to fix this.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:08 AM   #1235
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.56.0 - 24 Jul 2023

Handle website change at Cloud Library. Fixes inability to sign in and lack of search results even when not signed in.

Change the configuration dialog to clarify that searching for recommendable books only applies to Cloud Library.
Advert
Old 07-24-2023, 10:59 AM   #1236
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 2.56.0 - 24 Jul 2023

Handle website change at Cloud Library. Fixes inability to sign in and lack of search results even when not signed in.

Change the configuration dialog to clarify that searching for recommendable books only applies to Cloud Library.
Thank you very much!
Old 09-11-2023, 03:42 PM   #1237
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Hi! I don't know when this started, but lately my Axis360 searches have been failing with an error:

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Search QPL.360 for all by joe abercrombie: : JSONDecodeError('Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 2)')

Did they perhaps change something? Thanks!
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 05:33 PM   #1238
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
Hi! I don't know when this started, but lately my Axis360 searches have been failing with an error:

Did they perhaps change something? Thanks!
Axis 360 is being replaced by Boundless this month. You can read more about the change here. This has already taken place for the Queens Public Library.

I will look into updating the plugin to support Boundless.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:44 PM   #1239
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Quote:
Axis 360 is being replaced by Boundless this month. You can read more about the change here. This has already taken place for the Queens Public Library.

I will look into updating the plugin to support Boundless.
Oh wow. Thanks. I had no idea. I just logged into the Queens Public Library last week and checked out a book. Since I use the website and not the app, I of course received no notification that this was happening.

Hoping you can support Boundless!
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 02:53 PM   #1240
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Hello, I've got the last version of calibre and the plugin and I'm getting an error so a book is not found.

Spoiler:
Updated book info: Wildflower Worries by Agatha Frost [Claire's Candles Cozy Mystery [08], B0CFGHHGKL@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Pink Tree Publishing LTD, 2023-10-02T00:00:00+00:00, ENEnglish]
Ignoring (wrong language): Wildflower Worries by Agatha Frost [Claire's Candles Cozy Mystery [08], B0CFGHHGKL@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Pink Tree Publishing LTD, 2023-10-02T00:00:00+00:00, ENEnglish]

Why is ignoring the book due to the language? The empty book has the language set to English in the record.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:50 PM   #1241
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hello, I've got the last version of calibre and the plugin and I'm getting an error so a book is not found.

Spoiler:
Updated book info: Wildflower Worries by Agatha Frost [Claire's Candles Cozy Mystery [08], B0CFGHHGKL@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Pink Tree Publishing LTD, 2023-10-02T00:00:00+00:00, ENEnglish]
Ignoring (wrong language): Wildflower Worries by Agatha Frost [Claire's Candles Cozy Mystery [08], B0CFGHHGKL@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Pink Tree Publishing LTD, 2023-10-02T00:00:00+00:00, ENEnglish]

Why is ignoring the book due to the language? The empty book has the language set to English in the record.
Thanks for the report. I need to update the plugin to handle some changes to the way book metadata is presented by Amazon. It is picking up the language incorrectly as “ENEnglish”.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:23 AM   #1242
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you. Curious thing, it's not for all the books, as some other ones are being found. Well, Amazon is consistent, isn't it...?
Old 10-08-2023, 02:57 AM   #1243
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Hello, I've got the last version of calibre and the plugin, but it is not finding the book "Murders of a feather" by Eileen Brady at OCLS Freading even if it's at the website. This is the log (removing the info for other libraries):

Spoiler:
Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.56.0, calibre 6.28.1
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Axis 360 Reader, BookReader, CBR, CBZ, HTML eBook, Hoopla Book Reader, Hoopla Comic Reader, Kindle Book, MediaDo Reader, Mobipocket eBook, Online Reader, Open DjVu eBook, Open EPUB eBook, OverDrive Read, Plain Text eBook, Protected DAISY eBook, Scribd Comic Reader, Scribd Reader
Plugin tweak: overdrive_link_disable_ku_check = True
Plugin tweak: overdrive_link_skip_login = True
=================================================
Finding library books by Eileen Brady
Accessing library OCLS.FR
Search OCLS.FR for murders by eileen brady
Get https://ocls.freading.com/search?typ...Zvcm1hdH1lcHVi
3 total results
Found Saddled with Murder [OTc4MTQ2NDIxMjczNA==@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found The Murder Loop [OTc4MTUwNDA4NjYwOA==@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found Murder on Their Minds [MDAxMDE5LTEwODk2MTEz@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Get https://ocls.freading.com/search?typ...Zvcm1hdH1lcHVi
4 total results
Found Saddled with Murder [OTc4MTQ2NDIxMjczNA==@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found The Murder Loop [OTc4MTUwNDA4NjYwOA==@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found Murder on Their Minds [MDAxMDE5LTEwODk2MTEz@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found Murder of a Mistress [MDAxMDE5LTQ4MDY3Njg3@fr, @fr/ocls, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found 7 books in 1.4 sec

Do I have any wrong data?

This query, however, finds it:

So I guess something is wrong at the library.

Thank you.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-08-2023 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2023, 08:16 AM   #1244
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hello, I've got the last version of calibre and the plugin, but it is not finding the book "Murders of a feather" by Eileen Brady at OCLS Freading even if it's at the website.
Searching at Freading is quirky. Playing around a bit I see that changing the capitalization of title or author in the Freading search causes significant variation in the search results. That didn't used to happen as far as I know.

I used advanced search to look for that book. If I search using "Eileen Brady" as Author and "murders" as Title I get the result "Saddled with Murder" along with two other books by the wrong author. If I change "murders" to "Murders" or "MURDERS" it returns the correct book. Changing the case of the author name also changes the results for some searches.

The plugin uses lower case for its searches. I will need to experiment a bit more before deciding how to change it. If using upper case consistently performs better I may go with that but there is the risk of a different set of books not being found that way. I can have it perform duplicate searches with both variations but that is going to slow it down.
Old 10-08-2023, 11:57 AM   #1245
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Searching at Freading is quirky. Playing around a bit I see that changing the capitalization of title or author in the Freading search causes significant variation in the search results. That didn't used to happen as far as I know.

I used advanced search to look for that book. If I search using "Eileen Brady" as Author and "murders" as Title I get the result "Saddled with Murder" along with two other books by the wrong author. If I change "murders" to "Murders" or "MURDERS" it returns the correct book. Changing the case of the author name also changes the results for some searches.

The plugin uses lower case for its searches. I will need to experiment a bit more before deciding how to change it. If using upper case consistently performs better I may go with that but there is the risk of a different set of books not being found that way. I can have it perform duplicate searches with both variations but that is going to slow it down.
Thank you, I've trying myself and it's strange too. This is the first book I've found with this problem in a lot of time so, perhaps, it doesn't pay to make any change if it's going to get complicated.

Tags
id=model, overdrive