Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
dxwt
dxwt began at the beginning.

Device: none
SD Card weirdness

Hi folks, I have a strange one, wonder if anyone can shed some light.
I recently sent my pocketbook 360 in for service, and (apparently) got a new one in return.

Unfortunately I now have a different and stranger problem.

The SD card is not recognized after a reboot. It is an 8G store brand card, but I also get the same effect with a 16G samsung card and another 1g card that I cant find at the moment to give the brand name of.

If the 360 fully powers off, the card must be removed and reinserted before it is recognized. Once the card is recognized, it works fine, and may be keylocked etc. But if the device is rebooted or powered off the card does not appear.

Simply reinserting the card as normal does not work however. I must push the card in as far as it will go and hold it there for several (5-10) seconds. If simply push the card (the same distance) but without the 10 second hold, it is not recognized.

The *really* odd thing is that even when the pocketbook reader refuses to see the card, it still shows up as a drive in the pocketbook in pc-link mode. I can copy files on & off the card, or from the card (usually G:) to the internal memory (usually F:), but the pocket book reader refuses to acknowledge the card unless i pop it and and push-and-hold it for several seconds.

This behavior is absolutely repeatable, I've been doing it all morning.

It did this on the 15.1 firmware that the device shipped with, and I also tried my old revision of 15.3 (beta) firmware from september range and the december 15.3 from the pocketbook site.

Any ideas?

Last edited by dxwt; 06-08-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Removing smileys
dxwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Try formating the card, might help.
Also physically inspect the cards contacts maybe they need cleaning.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
I had a similar problem. From time to time my PB360 would not recognize the SD Card and the solution would be to take out and reinsert the card while the PB360 is still on. When it is recognized it worked OK for some time. I never tried your solution.
I tried reformatting the card in the card reader and in the PB360, but this never worked for long. I had Kingston 8 GB micro SD card. A friend of mine who is a computer expert told me that it might be the problem with the SD card speed. I bought Kingston 4GB micro SD card, Class 4, formatted it while in PB360 and so far I have no problems (knock on wood ). That was two weeks ago, so I do not know if this is solution and if its going to help you, but if you can get a faster micro SD card and try it maybe it will help.

Best of luck!
Alma
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote