Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
In-App Purchases?

How do in-app purchases work if an app is no longer available in the App Store? Are you still able to restore in-app purchases if you need to?

Not that I think Marvin will disappear, but I can't help thinking about Stanza. If Stanza had followed the same model as Marvin, with an in-app purchase to remove a banner, would one still be able to restore the in-app purchase today?

(I've already paid to remove the banner from Marvin 3, and I did so willingly to support kguil. I'm asking out of curiosity about how in-app purchases work.)
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@odamizu I'm fairly certain that if an app is removed from a the app store its IAPs wouldn't work either. However, I may be wrong. I'll need to Google a bit.

Last edited by kguil; 07-04-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thanks! I guess we'll just have to do everything we can to keep Marvin alive
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #4
vs40
vs40 is on a distinguished road

Device: KPW 11 JB
Dictionary.appender app was deleted from Appstore, I still have it in my iTunes library on Mac, I can install it on my devices, but I can't make or restore in-app purchases.
I see only continuous pending request dialog box.
I believe it same for all removed apps.
vs40 is offline   Reply With Quote