Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Boox Onyx New Update : 3.5.3 (suport of the Dark Mode)

New update 3.5.3 support Dark Mode & New GUI(Graphics Interface) for Boox Onyx devices is out !

Good day ladies and gentlemen, check all your devices as there is a new update available that will bring a feature I've been waiting for a long time and that is "DARK MOD & NEW GUI"!

I personally like the new GUI improvements (graphical interface) much more than the previous ones.

( Tested with BOOX Onyx Leaf 2 )

These are the highlights of the new firmware update

• New UI: Minimalist Elegance, Maximum Efficiency
• Annotate & Share: FreeMark and BOOXDrop Screen Mirroring
• Read & Take Notes: Dark Mode, Smarter Image Edit and OCR

- New system UI look
- Added globalnAI assistant
- Updated Android security Patch

NeoReader

- The flow document suport Dark Mode
- Optimized document sync proces

And more ..

In addition to the aforementioned upgrades, an AI assistant is now available in the Naviball and Control Center,
If you haven't received it yet, please wait a bit longer or check for updates in Settings

LEAR MORE HERE :
https://shop.boox.com/blogs/news/boox-firmware-v3-5-3

INFO:

I also n
oticed that if you look deeper into the settings, it is possible to directly sign up to receive the Beta version, which can be interesting for users who like to test for the first time, or are impatiently waiting for some small pre-fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2024-07-06 044909.png
Views:	69
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	209387   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOX_NEW_Update_DAK_MODE.png
Views:	59
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	209389   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOX_Onyx_Beta_Testing.png
Views:	59
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	209390  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Yesterday at 11:21 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:08 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Thanks for the heads up.

It does concern me the "no downgrading" bit though. Also, this is an incremental update, so your device should be mostly stock. Magisk should probably be ok.

If you have experience with EDL and have plenty of space on your desktop you can make a full, raw backup. That way you can effortlessly return to how it was.

My reader software always had a dark mode, but obviously a system-wide dark mode is more consistent. (I hate dark mode.)
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert