Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
Kindle fire secure buying

So i bought a kindle fire for my son for xmas, it won over the nook as we all own kindles at home and at the time it was less money.
The problem is that i have heard that my son will be able to click to buy as much as he wants without reentering ther password. This really worries me, i tried contacting amazon but they just gave me the line that theyhave no info onan update for this issue?
Has anyone heard different, is there a way to stop this? Should i just break down and get a nook and return the fire?
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Go to Settings \ Restrictions and enter a PIN number. It will lock his WiFi use unless you open it up for him.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
But if i lock wifi use he will have no acess to the internet which is not what i want, i just want him to have to enter a password to but things from amazon
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
frankz
frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Create an Amazon account for him, register the Fire to that account, and don't save a credit card to it.

Or, you know, teach him not to buy things without asking.
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I have one of those re-chargeable Visa gift cards on my account for Kindle purchasing. Works great so I don't accidentally ding my main account for purchases or anything.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankz View Post
Create an Amazon account for him, register the Fire to that account, and don't save a credit card to it.

Or, you know, teach him not to buy things without asking.
That last comment sounds really simple but it isn't necessarily a fail-proof plan. Sometimes I touch a link and the delay makes me think it didn't take so I touch again only to find myself in an entirely different area. Could be a real problem with kiddos and their spaz fingers.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote