Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
maac2212
maac2212 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Kindle just lost JailBreak ( Solved )

Update: So the device still being jailbreaked, Kual menu didn't show up because I accidentally delete it.
I restore the file and everything is fine again.

Hello,
So here is how my nightmare begins:
I did jailbreak my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (when I bought it, it’s firmware was 5.6.5 ). I also did the hotfix stuff, then I updated to 5.7.2 manually. Everything was fine, I installed Kual, KoReader (I have a lot of pdf to read, and the default pdf reader isn't very good), the device and programs operate very well.

Today, I was trying to install some other stuffs (Python, Mobile Kindlet Kit, LibrarianSync). LibrarianSync doesn’t show up in Kual menu, so I think restarting the device would help, when it boots up, Kual doesn’t show up either. I checked the firmware version which is currently 5.7.4.1. I think the device losts Jailbreak because I did some bad installing steps

Here’s what I’ve tried
_ I restart the device (until now, it’s about 6, 7 times..), Kual doesn’t show up…
_ I reinstall the hotfix. I place the bin file in the root directory, when I ejected my Kindle, this message appear:
“Update Error: An invalid update file has been loaded on your device. Please go to www.amazon.com ….”
Sometime, the above message doesn’t appear, but I can’t update the device (the “Update Your Kindle” is grey out )
_ I tried to re-jailbreak, but it doesn’t work.
_ And I've never reset my device.

Maybe when I install other stuffs, I did some steps incorrectly, but how come my Kindle losts its jailbreak . I’ve done some research, but now I don’t know what to do.
Do you have any solution
Thanks in advance.

Update: So the device still being jailbreaked, Kual menu didn't show up because I accidentally delete it. I restore the file and everything is fine again.
Thank you very much .

Last edited by maac2212; 05-16-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
maac2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I may need to update the hotfix for 5.7.4.1, lemme check.

EDIT: In the meantime, DO NOT factory reset .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There, the hotfix should now run on 5.7.4.1, which should get you back on track.
As usual, you'll need to reinstall basically everything.

Make sure you're not using a crappy Homescreen/Library sorting, so you get to see KUAL.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
This is strange: also in my PW3 i jailbreaked from 5.6.5 and some days ago i updated to 5.7.4.1, but the hotfix worked!
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #5
maac2212
maac2212 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Ah, so I calmly think back about what I did, and I remember when I was in Document folder, I delete some files (before that, I installed Collection Manager, but I don't use it so I want to delete it ). So maybe I accidentally delete the Kual file.

I check in the trash, i see the Kual file, I restore that file, now Kual menu show up again, everything back to normal.

So the device still being jailbreaked, Kual menu didn't show up because I accidentally delete it.

Thank you very much

Last edited by maac2212; 05-16-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Bold some text for easier to see.
maac2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert