Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Help logging in to Overdrive

Using a Libra and trying to get it connected to our local library overdrive service.

Went into settings and searched and found our local library in the list, selected it, and setup an overdrive account with email and new password. Received the email verification number and put that in successfully. Our library is now an option we can choose in the setup/login screen to "add a library card".

Trying to add a library card is failing, as is logging in to the new account. (These are the two options available in settings under the new entry for our library that we created above. ) Putting in the library card number and pin causes it to think about it and refresh the screen back to the same page asking for the card number and pin. Didn't see any errors. Using the second option, putting in the new email and password for the overdrive account, does the same, just thinks about it and returns to the same login screen.

Anyone successfully done this? Any suggestions?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #2
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Try and log into the library website with the library card number and password you have, to make sure it works.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Try and log into the library website with the library card number and password you have, to make sure it works.
Yes the website works fine. The Libre just silently fails. Interestingly, If I purposely mispell the email address, it returns an error that the username or password is incorrect. If I get it right, it just twirls the busy icon and returns to the login page. Very frustrating.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:52 PM   #4
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I use my overdrive account to sign into the kobo then add the library. Is that something you can try? I don't create or sign in on the device with the library card. Sorry not much help here.
Old 11-13-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
I use my overdrive account to sign into the kobo then add the library. Is that something you can try? I don't create or sign in on the device with the library card. Sorry not much help here.
Not at all sure what you mean. I don't sign into the Kobo Libre device at all. It does sign into the Kobo store, but that's quite a separate thing and yes, it is signed in and I can buy books from Kobo.
Advert
Old 11-13-2021, 11:36 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard

Just created a brand new verified account of the overdrive web site. Tried to log into it via the Kobo Libre - same complete failure.
Old 11-13-2021, 11:40 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard

Also won't work with a library card from a completely different library.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:38 AM   #8
Rid
Addict

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Not at all sure what you mean. I don't sign into the Kobo Libre device at all. It does sign into the Kobo store, but that's quite a separate thing and yes, it is signed in and I can buy books from Kobo.
Oops i got that wrong

On the device select 'Sign in to OverDrive', add the library you are a member of, then select 'Sign in with OverDrive' add the Overdrive email and password.

I can't remember this but I think you need to add the library card to the Libby app? There was a thread on Overdrive setup but I could not find it.

I have had issues in the past and the only to fix it was with a factory reset. Sign out etc did not work. Don't take my word for this.

Last edited by Rid; 11-14-2021 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:33 AM   #9
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Oops i got that wrong

On the device select 'Sign in to OverDrive', add the library you are a member of, then select 'Sign in with OverDrive' add the Overdrive email and password.

I can't remember this but I think you need to add the library card to the Libby app? There was a thread on Overdrive setup but I could not find it.

I have had issues in the past and the only to fix it was with a factory reset. Sign out etc did not work. Don't take my word for this.
I have been trying to "sign in with overdrive" It does not work.

What is this Libby App that you mentioned?

As for a reset, I only just did yet another upgrade. Do not want to factory reset it all the way back.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:46 AM   #10
Rid
Addict

Quote:
I have been trying to "sign in with overdrive" It does not work.
Are you not able to get past this stage?

Can you sign into www.overdrive.com if not this may be the problem?
Old 11-14-2021, 02:50 AM   #11
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Are you not able to get past this stage?

Can you sign into www.overdrive.com if not this may be the problem?
Sorry but I have answered both these questions already, but to elaborate. When I put in the overdrive email and password, the Libre just spins the busy icon briefly and returns back the login procedure. If I purposely put in a bad email, it returns and error from overdrive (indicating it is indeed trying to login.)

and as I said, Yes the website works fine.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:51 AM   #12
Rid
Addict

Quote:
What is this Libby App that you mentioned?
libbyapp.com I think it connects Overdrive to your library card?? I am pretty sure it is the same company (Kobo, Overdrive, Libby).
Old 11-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #13
Rid
Addict

Quote:
Sorry but I have answered both these questions already, but to elaborate. When I put in the overdrive email and password, the Libre just spins the busy icon briefly and returns back the login procedure. If I purposely put in a bad email, it returns and error from overdrive (indicating it is indeed trying to login.)

and as I said, Yes the website works fine.
Sorry i can't help you from here, someone else may be able to. I did the above a few times but ended up doing a factory reset. I would wait for another reply or try and search more before doing a reset.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #14
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
libbyapp.com I think it connects Overdrive to your library card?? I am pretty sure it is the same company (Kobo, Overdrive, Libby).
Now I am confused. Is it an app, or a web site, does it run on your PC, on the Kobo Libre, or on your phone?

For certain, the overdrive website itself lets you log in with your library card - nothing else required.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:59 AM   #15
Rid
Addict

Quote:
Now I am confused. Is it an app, or a web site, does it run on your PC, on the Kobo Libre, or on your phone?

For certain, the overdrive website itself lets you log in with your library card - nothing else required.
It is a phone app. Try it to see if your library card works.

The overdrive website should have an email & password to login, the same one your Kobo would use if you could get it working.