Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #1
favored3960
favored3960 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Convert kfx or awz to PDF with hightlights

bought a kindle and started reading a few books. I sent the book to kindle via "Send to Kindle" online and it is in kfx format as I see in calibre. Now I have highlighted a few things in the book. When I try to convert the book to pdf via calibre (I have DRM and KFX input/output plugin), it fails the following message:

```
WARNING: This book contains PDF content. It can be extracted using either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX Input plugin CLI. See the KFX Input plugin documentation for more information.

ERROR: This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion. See the KFX Input plugin documentation for more information.

Converting book to EPUB 3
Format is fixed layout
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 119, in convert
Exception: This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion. See the KFX Input plugin documentation for more information.

```

What can I do to get these kfx books out of kindle with highlighted text
favored3960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Is there some reason you don't share/export it via Share options on the Scribe? You can either export the entire document as a PDF with the handwritten notes, or the Notes & Highlights as you would for any book (this will be a PDF with all of your annotations highlighted text, text notes, bookmark locations, and large thumbnails with pages that have handwritten notes).

All that you can do with KFX Input plugin is extract a PDF like the one you sent to send to kindle service. It won't have any annotations. You can also export the handwritten notes (using command line interface) but they will not be associated with a PDF file.

Last edited by tomsem; Yesterday at 11:19 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
awz, calibre, kfx, kindle, pdf