Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 10:13 AM   #1
Fiftybears
Fiftybears began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Libra 2 restarting after ejecting

Months ago I've upgraded the storage in my Libra 2, and it's mostly working perfectly, the only problem being around file transfers. When I transfer files and eject through calibre, about 50% of the time it's unresponsive for about a minute before it restarts, and the files I added aren't there. In the case it ejects and processes the books as intended, they show up as normal. This also happens whenever I update metadata through KoboUtilities.
Is this something to do with the storage being much bigger than it's supposed to handle, or is it just some form of user error I might have done when setting up the new card? Should I just overlook it and accept it as a quirk of the device now?
Fiftybears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:20 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
How large is the card?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #3
Fiftybears
Fiftybears began at the beginning.

It's a 512 gb, mostly for dreams of filling it with manga.
Fiftybears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you checked the database integrity? It might be corrupt.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftybears View Post
It's a 512 gb, mostly for dreams of filling it with manga.
Have you checked to see if it is a real 512GB card? There are several sites that offer information and tools for detecting them. A couple are Identifying Counterfeit MicroSD Cards and Perform a Fake SD Card Test with Top 4 SD Card Checkers. ChipGenius is one tool I've used several times.

Several people have had issues when purchasing a replacement µSD card for their Kobos for rewriting the firmware image. Especially with cards purchased from Amazon whom do not seem to care about complaints that a vendor is selling counterfeit cards.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 05:25 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert