Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
HP Jornada 720 + extras for $100

I've been told I have too many gadgets, so I am parting with this one.

This is the same model as my main ebook reader. Aside from one small flaw it's in very good condition. The only flaw is the phone jack is broken. One small caveat, if you use this as much as I use mine you will want to replace the battery. It's held a charge for a couple weeks on standby, but I don't know what the active battery life is.

I'm including the 720, stylus, universal power supply, docking cradle (& USB cable), and a low profile Wifi card. I would like $100 + shipping.

P.S. Here is a review.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm surprised no one is interested. This thing is pretty darn close to being a universal reader. Right now I have MSReader, Ereader, Mobipocket, and Ubook running on it. I can read more formats on this than any other device short of a laptop. In my opinion, I upgraded to the Jornada 720 from the Kindle.

If anyone is thinking about it, and has a technical question, feel free to ask.
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm surprised no one is interested. This thing is pretty darn close to being a universal reader. Right now I have MSReader, Ereader, Mobipocket, and Ubook running on it. I can read more formats on this than any other device short of a laptop. In my opinion, I upgraded to the Jornada 720 from the Kindle.

If anyone is thinking about it, and has a technical question, feel free to ask.
Actually I am very tempted. Searching for a little cash right now.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm surprised no one is interested. This thing is pretty darn close to being a universal reader. Right now I have MSReader, Ereader, Mobipocket, and Ubook running on it. I can read more formats on this than any other device short of a laptop.
It can read the same formats as a Pocket PC and, with respect, one can pick up a 2nd hand Pocket PC for a heck of a lot less than $100 on eBay! I find personally the "portrait" orientation of a Pocket PC to be better for reading than the "landscape" orientation of the Jornada. Where the Jornada, with its keyboard, wins out, is for data entry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It can read the same formats as a Pocket PC and, with respect, one can pick up a 2nd hand Pocket PC for a heck of a lot less than $100 on eBay! I find personally the "portrait" orientation of a Pocket PC to be better for reading than the "landscape" orientation of the Jornada. Where the Jornada, with its keyboard, wins out, is for data entry.
One aspect of PDAs that I was never happy with was screen size. I think a 4" screen is too small. This device has a screen almost twice as big.
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
True. Does Mobi on the Jornada allow one to read in portrait orientation? I know that uBook (my all-time favourite book reader!) does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
True. Does Mobi on the Jornada allow one to read in portrait orientation? I know that uBook (my all-time favourite book reader!) does.
Yes..
Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Why are you getting rid of it Nate? I bought a 728 because of your post about the 720. Did you have two?
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

This one was in a lot of computer stuff that I bought off Ebay. I got it because the asking price was low.