Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 01:17 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Thoughts on Potential New Features for Sigil

Hi All,

I am looking for thoughts on new features for future versions of Sigil:

Here is a new feature I have been thinking about ...

Since epubcheck now reports on out of date or incorrect media types, I was thinking of:

A. adding a tool to BookBrowser to change the Media Type for a resource one at a time. Inside Sigil each resource object keeps its own media type internally, and of course there is the OPF manifest which also provides the media type so both have to be updated. Multiple selection in the BookBrowser would be possible.

or

B. adding a new Sigil Tool menu to automatically walk all manifest types updating them when older media types need to be updated to new ones.

The only issue with both option A or B is that of course you can convert a binary media-type to a text media type without losing anything if really needed but not visa-versa. Also what happens when the new media-type input from the user is actually has a different file format that what was provided in the OPF when first launched. That should not happen often but it could.

So I would love to hear from you to understand if either option A or B would be useful enough to add to Sigil itself instead or if you feel these things would be better as a plugin, or not useful at all.

Please use this thread to make other feature suggestions that might prove useful to the main body of Sigil users. Please try not to suggest things that have already been ruled out in earlier feature threads or that already exist in the form of a plugin.

Be sure to explain why you think your feature would benefit the majority of the users of Sigil.

Thanks.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 01:21 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote