Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Angry Price Hike?

I just noticed that both ebookreaders.nl and apoloxxi.com have raised their prices for the V3. Apollo XXi went from EUR 299 to EUR 325, while ebookreaders.nl, who don't even sell the thing before the 2nd quarter of this year, went from EUR 350 to a completely ridiculous EUR 399.

Is this just a consequence of the recent surge in popularity for e-ink readers, or what's going on here? (Both iScriptum and Jinke themselves are still advertising the same prices as before.)

Color me puzzled and a wee bit angry, as I also found out today that I do in fact have the funds to order a V3 this month...
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
I just noticed that both ebookreaders.nl and apoloxxi.com have raised their prices for the V3. Apollo XXi went from EUR 299 to EUR 325, while ebookreaders.nl, who don't even sell the thing before the 2nd quarter of this year, went from EUR 350 to a completely ridiculous EUR 399.

Is this just a consequence of the recent surge in popularity for e-ink readers, or what's going on here? (Both iScriptum and Jinke themselves are still advertising the same prices as before.)

Color me puzzled and a wee bit angry, as I also found out today that I do in fact have the funds to order a V3 this month...
Exchange rates, perhaps? They've been fun over the past few months...
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't find that very likely. AFAIK, the dollar hasn't gained a whole lot on the Euro in recent times, so we in Euroland still enjoy buying dollar-priced things on the cheap. :-)
Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The reseller prices and conditions from Jinke really suck. So the risk has to be compensated somehow. So far we have not taken the V3 into our shop because the conditions are bad and for that price there are better alternatives.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
ebookreaders
wdejager
ebookreaders doesn't litterebookreaders doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, Cybook Gen3, iLiad 2nd & Book edition, iPhone 3G, DR1000
The Hanlin V3 is not for sale at the moment at ebookreaders.nl, the price mentioned is only indicative. The final retail price will be determined upon introduction. The Hanlin V3 will be positioned between the Cybook (which comes without accessories) and the Cybook Deluxe, hence its current price tag.
ebookreaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Gudy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookreaders View Post
The Hanlin V3 will be positioned between the Cybook (which comes without accessories) and the Cybook Deluxe, hence its current price tag.
I kinda suspected something like that. I personally think that price is too high, but then, I have no idea about the business side of such things...

tribble, that sucks to hear. The V3 is such a nice product, and with Mobipocket support and a decent sales and marketing strategy it would be nearly perfect.

As for the reason of the price increase on Apollo XXI, it seems that Jinke has revised the V3 and, among possibly other changes, increased the size of the user-accessible flash RAM to 512 MB. Apollo XXI will start shipping this revised model.

(And yes, I've put my order with Apollo XXI today. There are a couple of business trips in my near future that could really profit from having an e-book reader around.)
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hi:

I am also a Hanlin V3 agent and is selling at RM 1,399 at Malaysia (nett); which is approximately Eur 270...what is different is courier service fee and warranty (anwyway the product is very reliable..I have been Hanlin user for 3 years).

If, interested, please kindly email me and I can check the courier service fee and send to you!

Hong
Malaysia
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #8
sorareader
sorareader began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
In Spain, they have started to sell the Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3) for 299 €.

Link: http://www.grammata.es/papyre
sorareader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #9
Ulysses
Ulysses began at the beginning.

I bought V3 in Czechia for 299€ with accessories like 1g card, book cover etc.., bookeen cost here like 350€ without accessories and 440€ deluxe version
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #10
sorareader
sorareader began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I bought V3 in Czechia for 299€ with accessories like 1g card, book cover etc.., bookeen cost here like 350€ without accessories and 440€ deluxe version
I didn´t know there was any deluxe version! What´s the difference with the standard V3?

Edit: Sorry! I thought you were talking about the V3!

Last edited by sorareader; 10-09-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Post misunderstood
sorareader is offline   Reply With Quote