Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
tesseractcat
Enthusiast
tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Voyage
KOReader settings deleted on crash.

I've been having some crashing issues lately, and whenever KOReader crashes, it seems to delete the contents of the settings.reader.lua file. I don't really care if KOReader crashes or not, but I don't want to reset all my defaults/settings every time. Is this intended functionality? If so, is there any way to disable it? Sometimes it seems to delete book metadata as well, although it doesn't happen always and I can't seem to see any sort of pattern.

If it is of any note, I've modified frontend/ui/font.lua to point to an otf font instead of NotoSans-Regular.ttf and NotoSans-Bold.ttf, and modified frontend/ui/widget/touchmenu.lua to change the time display to 12H time, formatted as such "%l:%M %p - (Battery percentage)%".

I'm on v2019.02, with a Kobo Glo HD. I was previously on the nightly channel but switched to the stable channel.
tesseractcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I had settings.reader.lua deleted if there was syntax error. Workaround I use is to have good copy somewhere else (on my computer, but can be some different directory on device itself).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's a bit ugly for the moment, but if you close a file it saves all the info related to it, and if you close or restart the program that does the same for global settings.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Somewhat related, but I've found after an upgrade, I needed to restore a lot of my saved/default settings (margin UI hacks, dictionary settings, etc) by hand. Aren't these settings supposed to be retained through the OTA upgrade process?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@arooni: Define "etc.", as you've just listed at least one thing (margins) that was recently expanded with more granularity (without affecting current custom settings, though).

(And, on the off-chance it's a PEBCAK, how did you "upgrade"? ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There may be some Kindle-specific quirks due to the nature of the layered userstore, where stuff just suddenly combusts for ... reasons.

Like, say, possibly, *unsaved* settings right before an OTA update.

Try to restart KOReader before doing an OTA, see if it helps?

Although if the fuse layer is really getting quirky, only a full reboot will help.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote