Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Cheap Reads option in book store

I have bought a few books from the store that where only £0.72

I used to go in and click the option for cheap reads to get to them, now in the store there is only an option that shows offers from £0.99, which ignores all those under £0.99

There are books still available for £0.72 if you know the author/title, any ideas how to search the store for books of this price?

tried searching for cheap reads and sorting by price, but this doesnt list all of them

Last edited by paulsalter; 01-28-2012 at 12:53 PM.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
We still have 157 different free books available from Kobo's website accessed on the PC (which will then synch with the Vox).

Plus a bunch of "Great Reads for $4.99 or Less", many of which are $0.99 for direct download to the Vox.

But I see you are in the UK, so your mileage may vary.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post
We still have 157 different free books available from Kobo's website accessed on the PC (which will then synch with the Vox).

Plus a bunch of "Great Reads for $4.99 or Less", many of which are $0.99 for direct download to the Vox.

But I see you are in the UK, so your mileage may vary.
They don't have only 157 free books, they have over a million, almost two million I think.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
They don't have only 157 free books, they have over a million, almost two million I think.
As of this morning, the number of free books is 1,888,521.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate there are still many cheap books, but how do I find them now,

as an example (link to uk store page)
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Letha...WRQ/page1.html
This is for Lethal Experiment by John Locke which I bought before Christmas, I found this book by going to the cheap reads section and looking through them

If I now go to the new Offers from 99p section this book does not appear (could be that it is 72p although a couple of less than 99 books are in the list)

How would I find such books now in the store if I didn't know the name/title of what I want

Not sure why this option was removed, just want to see all the cheaper books, 49p,72p, 99p and so on, upto about £2.99 as it was a couple of weeks back

Last edited by paulsalter; 01-29-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic

looks like some prices going up in kobo store, john locke books I was looking at have gone from £0.72 to £2.18

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come on the kobo store, prefer to get them here but if amazon have them so much cheaper they get my money