Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2020, 06:32 AM   #1
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Preventing book merging

I have a dear friend that is suffering from the dreaded Parkinson's Disease. He still uses Calibre as he loves reading. I managed to set up Moonreader for him so he can read (mostly) flawlessly. He however has a problem within Calibre - he quite often inadvertently merges books by dragging a book and dropping it on another book and in his rush (a very impatient guy) clicks on "yes" and the damage is done.
Is there any way to "disable" this function in Calibre?
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Preferences -> Look & Feel -> uncheck "Allow using drag & drop to merge books"
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you kind fellow reader!!

I looked and looked... Maybe time to get my eyes tested!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Preferences -> Look & Feel -> uncheck "Allow using drag & drop to merge books"
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sorry for your friend. Parkinson's is an ugly way to go (I watched my dad lose the ability to even tune his Amateur radio, a thing he had done since he was 14 )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
This is the exact reason for why I disabled drag 'n' drop myself.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert