Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #1
ChaoticAdventure
ChaoticAdventure began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre
Sorting by number?

I am confused about how the sorting works in the tag browser? I have two columns (built from other columns) that I want to sort by number, but they are putting "19" before "2" etc. The setting says "sort by number" in the preferences, but it doesn't seem to do anything different than the "sort by text" option. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious but I cannot figure it out

ChaoticAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is a Letter (Alpha) sort effect because your field is Text not Numeric
If you need text, then you mus make all sets of digits the same length(by padding with a leading 0)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert