Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-21-2021, 08:18 AM   #1
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Open specified files with KOReader function doesn't work

I had set some file types to always open with KOReader. After the last update, this feature doesn't work and I can no longer find this option in the menu.

Any idea what happens?

Thanks!
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Long press on the file in the file browser and then Open with...
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
I think ichnilatis is talking about opening books from Pocketbook's library and hius07 about opening books with a specific engine within the program.

The later is something under our control. The former is not and some new FW can screw things up. Anyways the menu to setup file associations is in Settings->Device. Try to disable association for all of them and then reenable the formats you want to open in KO. That way it will override the config using the new strings used by the FW.

Again, there're chances of a new FW screwing things up or even render the "feature" unusable. YMMV.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Unfortunately, I can't find this option any more.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
Unfortunately, I can't find this option any more.
Are you sure?

I mean: it might not work on newer FWs, but the menu entry must be there. Are you looking in the right place? You should see a few of the options in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...er.lua#L38-L51
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
I have PocketBook firmware 6.3 installed and the latest nigthly version of KOReader and I do have the option to associate file extensions.

Possibly if you delete the file "extensions.cfg" the option will appear again in the KOReader configuration menu. Or edit it directly by putting "koreader.app" first in the file extensions you want.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CR9...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CW1...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by cellaris; 05-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #7
ichnilatis
Groupie

There is no "extension.cfg" file.

Also, I see in filemanager_menu_order.lua that there must be an option for toggling charging led, that my device supports (there is such option in Pocketbook), but there is no such an option in my KOReader...
Old 05-23-2021, 10:09 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ichnilatis: That's a Kobo feature (even then, it's only enabled on a whopping *two* devices of the lineup ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #9
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
There is no "extension.cfg" file.

Also, I see in filemanager_menu_order.lua that there must be an option for toggling charging led, that my device supports (there is such option in Pocketbook), but there is no such an option in my KOReader...
If there is no "extensions.cfg" file in system/config, the function to associate extensions should appear in the Koreader configuration menu.

In any case you can create the file "extensions.cfg". I attach mine in case it is useful for you. You can edit it according to your preferences.
Attached Files
File Type: zip extensions.zip (695 Bytes, 257 views)

Last edited by cellaris; 05-23-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #10
ichnilatis
Groupie

I have only these options now, as in the attachment.

Thank you for the file!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2021-05-23_200235.png
Views:	323
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	187312  
Old 05-24-2021, 09:00 AM   #11
ichnilatis
Groupie

Oh! Indeed, I have it. I hadn't search in the right place. I'm sorry.
It has these lines:
djv:@DJVU_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_DJVU
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_DJVU
doc:@DOC_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_DOCX
epub:@EPUB_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader_with_blink.app,eink-reader_with_epub2.app:ICON_EPUB
htm:@HTML_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTMLpdf

These were my options.
In fact, now I see that this functions well; I can open these file types in KOReader through Pocketbook library. Maybe the problem was due to some plugins I had installed and now uninstalled. I had other problems too...
Old 05-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #12
ichnilatis
Groupie

I deleted the extensions.cfg file, in order to have the option for file association. Now there is this option in KOReader. But, although my choices are checked (as above), I cannot open these file types in KOReader through Pocketbook library.

What do I need to do to have the file association option in KOReader and this option to work?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #13
cellaris
Addict

Do as @pazos indicated in post 3: uncheck and re-check all extensions. If the problem persists, copy the "extensions.cfg" file back to system/config. Any modification you want to do will have to be done manually by editing that file. The practical result is the same.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #14
ichnilatis
Groupie

Finally the problem seems that have been solved! I have the file extensions association option and it works.
Thank you for all!

It seems that if I open a book in the Pocketbook reader once (with "open with"), it always opens in that reader, until I select KOReader from the "open with" menu ... This misled me in my last tests...
Otherwise, if I just select a book in the Pocketbook library, it opens in KOReader.