Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Overdrive "Account Cannot be Verified", on Fire Tablet 7

Hi all,

I'm trying to help my sister with her Fire Tablet 7, and she says she can't get into her Overdrive App because she gets the message "Account Cannot be Verified".

Without me seeing her Fire, I can't figure it out. I have a tablet also, but I have not run into this issue, so far

Does anyone know what to tell her to do to get back into her Overdrive?

Thank you much, Abby
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Let me see if there is anything in the fire sub-forum.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I think I found the answer Cinisa, she will have to request the "verification" email again from Overdrive. I found this info in the link below. I want to thank you so much for replying though. Let's see if this will work for her

https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...nt-?b_id=15211
Old 07-31-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Did she follow the steps to verify her account in the email that was sent when setting up her OD account?

https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...drive-account-
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't find anything. You are very welcome.
Oh and please call me cin or joy.
Let me space my screen name for you.
Cin is a joy.
Been my screen name since back before _ were used. 1997.
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
abbynormal52
Groupie

Ok Cin

and Anemic Oak, yes, we verified it as she's been using the Fire since I got it for her last Christmas. I can't figure out why she is being asked to verify it again. Maybe she clicked on something wrong as she really has a hard time with technology of any kind.

I should have realized before I posted the question what the issue was, but I'm really tired tonight, and just didn't think it through. Every account you get online you have to verify pretty much
Old 07-31-2017, 11:25 PM   #7
abbynormal52
Groupie

I will have to send her a link to ask Overdrive to resend the verification email because she won't be able to figure that out. I'm not sure I can, LOL, not tonight anyway. She may still have the email, but she won't be able to find that either She's 150 miles up the coast from me. Wish we were closer, sometimes
Old 08-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
Ok Cin

and Anemic Oak, yes, we verified it as she's been using the Fire since I got it for her last Christmas. I can't figure out why she is being asked to verify it again. Maybe she clicked on something wrong as she really has a hard time with technology of any kind.

I should have realized before I posted the question what the issue was, but I'm really tired tonight, and just didn't think it through. Every account you get online you have to verify pretty much
I just had to verify I wanted emails from the Sweethome.

I know the feeling on non-tech relatives.

Tags
fire tablet 7, overdrive