Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #1
Fitz Frobozz
Fitz Frobozz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Adventures in Omnibus Creating

Ahoy, omnibus creators. For a few weeks now I've been working on a "personal consumption only" ePub project involving combining a bunch of books by a single author into a 1-3 volume omnibus (still working out space req's), which when completed will be how I dive into reading the books for the first time. In addition to arranging the books and stories in the order that I've decided on, I'll be reformatting them as well.

I'm hoping to fill in some knowledge gaps, if possible, related to anything that comes up for other folks here. E.g. ideas about specific things like structure, reading flow, to stuff like best practices, pitfalls, ethics, etc., or even more general thoughts/experiences,observations. Fwiw I feel like I probably have a decent plan in place and feel good about the technical and logistical side of things, but I'm open to input on that front, too.

Please share your thoughts!
Fitz Frobozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Personally, I use the EpubMerge plugin for calibre to merge epubs into a single volume. It does some funky stuff such as putting the book files and stylesheets for each book in a subdirectory so each book has access to it's CSS but that is more or less necessary.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert