Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 01:41 PM   #1
Fitz Frobozz
Fitz Frobozz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Manifest mess - tools for resorting?

Well, not a mess per se, but it's confusing for me to read and it would be nice to have an option for resorting things so that the order in which they are listed actually matches the order in the book (more closely, that is). This came up while working my way through bugs identified by the Kindle Previewer tool.

Anything come to mind for anyone?

Edit: Oh, I found the Rebase OPF Manifest IDs on Current Filenames feature in Sigil and it appears to achieve almost exactly what I had in mind.

Edit #2: Oops, I was wrong. I like the tool but it doesn't actually sort in the order I'm wanting to see (book/part/chapter/chapter-section order, essentially). Not fully, anyway. Can't figure out why but my first guess is some items are ordered the way they are because something is using creation date/time info as one of its criteria.

Last edited by Fitz Frobozz; Today at 03:14 PM.
Fitz Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why does it matter the order of the manifest in the OPF?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert