Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 06-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
TeenA
TeenA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre viewer only shows cover page

I am using calibre 4.18 but since the last couple of updates 4.16/4.17 when i try to open books in calibre viewer it only loads the cover page. Dont know what has happened, I have not changed any of the preferences etc. I dont use it to read but to check formats of books or for a quick look at before i download to kindle to re-read. I prefer mobi format but have tried converting to different formats but makes no difference. If anyone knows what's going on can you please help. Many thanks:
TeenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which operating system and version are you using?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
TeenA

Thank you for replying I am using a 64 bit operating system and windows 10 (with latest updates).
Old 06-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what happens if you press the page down key a couple of times?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
TeenA

nothing, it just cover page nothing else - no scroll bar etc, if you click on image it just enlarges and scroll bars appear but only scroll to bottom of cover page.
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And this is happening with all books??
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #7
TeenA

yes, i have tried deleting all the books and adding them into the library using calibre import which i created last year but it is still the same.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What format are the books, i.e. EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 etc?

If EPUB or AZW3, can you edit the book contents by pressing 'T'?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #9
TeenA

I have both formats and can be edited with the T, can do everything else i want to do and only problem I have with any book no matter the format is opening it with the viewer.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #10
davidallan
davidallan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Did nobody answer this? Its happening to me now as well with a recent calibre update
davidallan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
viewer mobi help