Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #1
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 13 Pro, Kobo Sage 32gb, Kindle Paperwhite
If you have one, is it worth the price tag?

I honestly scoff at the fact the whole package is $350. The Scribe is < $100 than the Elipsa 2E. I really want to keep it Kobo and I do write marginalia in most of my technical books so having something like this would be a boon to me. However... $350?

Have you found it worth the price?

sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It really depends on your use case. The writing experience on the Scribe is far superior, but you're trapped in Amazon's walled garden. There have been multiple threads lately about how to use a Scribe that isn't registered, since Amazon deliberately cripples devices that don't talk to the mothership.

Your profile says you have the Sage, so if you find writing on that to be tolerable, you'll probably like the Elipsa, as you get the Kobo software in a bigger form factor.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:21 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Sage is better than the Elipsa for reading epub novels and notebooks.
The Sage has more pixels than the Elipsa.

I have original Elipsa and Sage. I don't use the Elipsa at all now and don't use the Nebo notebooks. Nebo is far far better on the TCL Nxtpaper 11, than Wacom on reMarkable (which I had) or Nebo on iPad or Nebo notebooks on Sage or Elipsa. The Nxtpaper 11 is also far better to annotate PDFs with pen and that can convert to real text layer on board.

The Scribe needs Amazon and uses USB MTP (which is horrible). You either like Wacom or don't. I've had 3 kinds of Wacom and don't.

Edit
The Nxtpaper 11 under €250 ex pen (which is USI 2.0 rechargable). It's not quite as good a mono eink for novels, but close.

I nearly bought a Scribe (I have a PW3 and had an Oasis 2 for a while), but the more I read here the less I liked the idea of a Scribe.

I'll get a Nxtpaper 14 pro if ever available to here.

Last edited by Quoth; Today at 05:38 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Short answer:
No point to an Elipsa or Scribe if you have the Sage and either model of Kobo pen (two models of MS Surface 3 party pen without BT/One note work on Sage and Elipsa, and also Sketchpad on Libra 2, but no pen on original Libra).
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'll get a Nxtpaper 14 pro if ever available to here.
I think EMEA is out of luck, I found this here:
Quote:
Models coming to select regions, starting with the US (not available in EMEA).
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I think EMEA is out of luck, I found this here:
Yes, strange. Well, I'll wait and see. Customs and shipping from USA or Asia is pain (esp. USA shipping and customs is on price inc shipping and VAT is on total of everything, inc customs or process charges etc).