Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-15-2024, 11:41 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Heads Up! Caro’s Power Broker

The wait is over. Robert Caro’s magisterial biography of Robert Moses, The Power Broker, will finally be available in ebook format starting tomorrow, fifty years after initial publication.

It’s considered to be one of the great biographies of all time and is must reading for anyone with an interest in the uses and abuses of power, New York, urban planning or the nature of evil. I never could bring myself to heft that extremely weighty tone in paper so resorted to the audiobook nearly ten years ago and it took me two months to finish it. The audiobook, read by Robertson Dean, is excellent, but I’ll note that Audible etc. now extort three credits for it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote