Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
Gstvsn
Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3
No trade in for Oasis 10th gen?

I have a 10th gen Oasis with a cracked screen and would like to trade in for the new Premium Paperwhite, but the trade in option doesn’t appear to be available. Why???
Gstvsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstvsn View Post
I have a 10th gen Oasis with a cracked screen and would like to trade in for the new Premium Paperwhite, but the trade in option doesn’t appear to be available. Why???
I'm guessing they only want trade-ins they can sell (without repairing them).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
You can't trade in an unbroken 10th gen oasis either. I had looked into doing it just for usb-c but the oasis is still a tiny bit lighter and after seeing side by side pics, I am happy to keep my Oasis.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
Gstvsn
Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm guessing they only want trade-ins they can sell (without repairing them).
They don’t know the screen is cracked—I can’t even select it from my list of devices for trade-in.
Old 10-31-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
Gstvsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
You can't trade in an unbroken 10th gen oasis either. I had looked into doing it just for usb-c but the oasis is still a tiny bit lighter and after seeing side by side pics, I am happy to keep my Oasis.
I was looking to switch back to a smaller size. I can’t hold the Oasis in one hand (between thumb and pinkie) and have realized that the small Kindles are more comfortable for me.
Advert
Old 10-31-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I guess they figure it's too new and nobody, or at any rate very few, would want to trade it in for a lower model.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:27 PM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
Maybe just hang onto it for now and perhaps at a future date, you'll be able to use it for a trade-in?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:24 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstvsn View Post
They don’t know the screen is cracked—I can’t even select it from my list of devices for trade-in.
I can't explain that then. You would think used Oases would be valuable to Amazon.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #9
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I don't see any trade-in option at all on the page for the new PW. I wouldn't be trading as they don't give enough to be worthwhile from what I've seen on other devices but just don't see the option now at all.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I don't see any trade-in option at all on the page for the new PW. I wouldn't be trading as they don't give enough to be worthwhile from what I've seen on other devices but just don't see the option now at all.
I am still seeing it. I traded in a Kindle Touch, just waiting for UPS to deliver it.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-01-2021 at 03:05 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #11
kyôdai
Groupie
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It seems you can only trade-in discontinued devices.

So it is not just the Oasis 3. The current basic Kindle (10th Gen) and the Paperwhite 4 / 5 are not on the list either. (Although the PW4 will probably be added in the near future, once they are sold out.)

Same goes for Echo and Kindle Fire devices.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:38 PM   #12
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyôdai View Post
It seems you can only trade-in discontinued devices.

the Paperwhite 4 / 5 are not on the list either. (Although the PW4 will probably be added in the near future, once they are sold out.)
That's interesting to hear. I already DID trade in my PW4 for a PW5, got the $30 gift card, and 20% off the price of the PW5.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes my PW4’s are eligible for trade in.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #14
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The PW4 is essentially discontinued.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote