Old 08-11-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Inquisitive_Ram
Enthusiast
Inquisitive_Ram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Kobo Clara BW
Will books on my Libby shelves automatically populate on kobo

I currently use the Android Libby app

I've just ordered a kobo Clara bw.

If I put my library card into the overdrive menu, will all the books 'on hold' in Libby also show as 'on hold' on overdrive/ the Kobo?
Inquisitive_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:57 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Will books on my Libby shelves automatically populate on kobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive_Ram View Post
I currently use the Android Libby app

I've just ordered a kobo Clara bw.

If I put my library card into the overdrive menu, will all the books 'on hold' in Libby also show as 'on hold' on overdrive/ the Kobo?

Yes, but not directly in your library. Your borrowed books will automatically sync with the Kobo, but not the ‘on hold’ books. You can see those if you tap Discover>Overdrive. “New Book Arrivals”, or whatever is on the top tier, will squeeze to the right to make room for your books on hold. You can tap on “Your Holds” and get a new screen which will show the book covers along with the estimated wait period.

When you sync, if a hold is available, the notification (bell) icon in the menu bar of the Home page will be updated with the news.

If you have multiple libraries input into Libby, to gain access to all those borrows, don’t add your library card into the Overdrive login page. Use your Overdrive account instead. This will allow all borrowed library ebooks that support Libby to sync to your Kobo.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert