Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 06:01 AM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Libra Colour & Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS apps
So far I love my Colour Kobo. What about you?

I’ve had my Libra Colour (LC) for about five months now. I picked the pearlescent white model. Even though I have an iPhone 15 and an iPad—both of which have high resolution, full color displays—I love using my LC for reading novels, light novels, manga, art books, etc. In fact, I’ve just noticed recently that I’ve been reading manga on the LC far more than the iPad. That wasn’t a conscious decision.

The page turning buttons help. Sweeping with a finger is convenient, but it becomes repetitive when reading comics or books. I also don’t mind the screen’s resolution. I know there have been very technical and informative comments regarding the lower resolution of the LC, but I haven’t found it to be an impediment.

I do enjoy having a colorful homepage. I like seeing the book covers in color. I like seeing illustrations in color. Highlighting and note taking in color is quite enjoyable as well. If all of that’s just a novelty, then I don’t mind. It was priced affordably, and I needed a new ereader.

I have found that I use my LC far more than my previous ereader, the Clara HD. This increased usage has resulted in more frequent charging. It’s about once every two weeks, compared to the Clara HD or Elipsa. However, that’s nothing compared to my daily charging of my iPad and iPhone. I don’t consider it a detriment at all.

I’m curious what other people think about their Colour Kobo. Do you find the color screen an enhancement or just a marketing novelty?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote