Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
quan mac ta
quan mac ta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle ppw , oasis 2 , basic 8th
Unhappy Need SD image for kobo libra 2 . restore

Hi guys . I just bought a new kobo libra 2 but after booting and setting up the initial settings the device asked for a software update. And yes I allow the update , the error occurs is that after the device reboots , it hangs at the screen with 3 dots and the icon does not power off . I tried manual restore with hard button but nothing happened. Is there a problem with the boot partition or the memory card containing the loader??? I'm sorry that my English is very poor, I can only express it through google translate. Please help me:Cứu giúp:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230108_233519.png
Views:	139
Size:	495.4 KB
ID:	198895  
Old 01-08-2023, 02:46 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by quan mac ta View Post
Hi guys . I just bought a new kobo libra 2 but after booting and setting up the initial settings the device asked for a software update. And yes I allow the update , the error occurs is that after the device reboots , it hangs at the screen with 3 dots and the icon does not power off . I tried manual restore with hard button but nothing happened. Is there a problem with the boot partition or the memory card containing the loader??? I'm sorry that my English is very poor, I can only express it through google translate. Please help me:Cứu giúp:
Considering that you just purchased the Libra 2, it might be worth trying for an exchange before opening your Libra 2 to access the internal uSD card.

If you still want the image, you will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see it in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in Requests to enable Private Messages to ask it to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
Advert
Old 01-08-2023, 07:58 PM   #3
quan mac ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Considering that you just purchased the Libra 2, it might be worth trying for an exchange before opening your Libra 2 to access the internal uSD card.

If you still want the image, you will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see it in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in Requests to enable Private Messages to ask it to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
Thank you . I have requested to enable private messaging and am waiting for a response
Old 01-09-2023, 04:06 AM   #4
quan mac ta

Oh! That's great. Private messages were activated very quickly. Thanks moderators. Now all that remains is to wait for someone's help with kobo libra 2 image
Old 01-09-2023, 11:52 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent.

Please let me know how it goes with attempting to revive your Libra 2.
Advert
Old 01-14-2023, 05:25 AM   #6
quan mac ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
PM sent.

Please let me know how it goes with attempting to revive your Libra 2.
After a few days of receiving the recovery image of libra 2 I tried to follow the instructions but still nothing changed. My kobo libra 2 is still at the black screen of death, with no response when powering on and when connecting the pc. Tried replacing different types of memory cards and redoing each step but it's probably dead
Old 01-14-2023, 10:59 AM   #7
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
does the power led light up at all? does it start blinking? does it stop blinking after a while?

not sure if it's still the same for the libra 2 (didn't test), but for the original H2O it was:

led turns on - but does not blink - goes off after a few seconds ==> device powers on but SD card could not be found or read successfully

led blinks - device is on, sd card found, boot sequence started

if the display has no reaction in the blinking phase then the display is disconnected or broken, while the device it self may be working fine. if you set up wifi you might even be able to ping it for a short while after booting, before it turns wifi off again to save power.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:19 PM   #8
quan mac ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
does the power led light up at all? does it start blinking? does it stop blinking after a while?

not sure if it's still the same for the libra 2 (didn't test), but for the original H2O it was:

led turns on - but does not blink - goes off after a few seconds ==> device powers on but SD card could not be found or read successfully

led blinks - device is on, sd card found, boot sequence started

if the display has no reaction in the blinking phase then the display is disconnected or broken, while the device it self may be working fine. if you set up wifi you might even be able to ping it for a short while after booting, before it turns wifi off again to save power.
The power indicator lights up for a few seconds, then flashes a few more times and then goes off completely. When power on the screen flashes on a black background and nothing changes
Old 01-15-2023, 04:06 AM   #9
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yeah normally it lights up, then slow blinking for around 15 seconds or so. That should mean the device is booting normally.

If you don't see anything on the display, then most likely, the display is broken entirely. It could be a loose display connector on the mainboard, but it has all that waterproofing gluey mess on it, so that should be unlikely to happen...

Just tested without microsd card in my Libra 2. Without microsd, the LED does not turn on at all. On the Aura H2O it would light up for a while, then turn off again, no blinking. Basically once you get the blinking LED the microsd card should be fine.

Sorry, no idea how to help you.
Closed Thread