Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Conversion ePub-> PDF, same result even if parameters are changed

Hello,

I used ePub -> PDF for quite a long time, and I've never had any problems before.

I've noticed a strange behavior, since V3 (see Edit). I found that my pdf had smaller size of text than before, so I tried to modify the output settings. As I saw no changed, I tried to make huge modifications, and nothing happened, I always obtain the same document.

I join 4 files :

my ePub original file (not protected by DRM)
a PDF obtained with my parameters : Font Cambria, size 12 pts - left margin 72pts)
a pdf obtained with parameters dramatically modified : Font BrushScript, size 16 pas, left margin 200 pts.

A screen capture of the parameters.

I have read the topics about What to do before posting a conversion-related topic, and the one about PDF.

Edit : I'm absolutely sure that it happened since I begin to use v3 of Calibre. I didn't load Calibre v3 as it was released but I wait a while. All my pdf converted before 30/06/2017 are correct, and all those after this day are not correct.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: png Screen capture of output parameters.png
File Type: epub Moix, Alexandre - [Les Cryptides-01] A la poursuite du Kraken.epub
File Type: pdf Moix, Alexandre - [Les Cryptides-01] A la poursuite du Kraken (Font Cambria - size 12pts - Left .pdf
File Type: pdf Moix, Alexandre - [Les Cryptides-01] A la poursuite du Kraken (Font Brushscript - size 16 pts - .pdf

Last edited by Pierre-Olivier; 08-03-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Olivier View Post
Hello,

I used ePub -> PDF for quite a long time, and I've never had any problems before.

I've noticed a strange behavior, since V3 (see Edit). I found that my pdf had smaller size of text than before, so I tried to modify the output settings. As I saw no changed, I tried to make huge modifications, and nothing happened, I always obtain the same document.

I join 4 files :

my ePub original file (not protected by DRM)
a PDF obtained with my parameters : Font Cambria, size 12 pts - left margin 72pts)
a pdf obtained with parameters dramatically modified : Font BrushScript, size 16 pas, left margin 200 pts.

A screen capture of the parameters.

I have read the topics about What to do before posting a conversion-related topic, and the one about PDF.

Edit : I'm absolutely sure that it happened since I begin to use v3 of Calibre. I didn't load Calibre v3 as it was released but I wait a while. All my pdf converted before 30/06/2017 are correct, and all those after this day are not correct.
You show the conversion options from Preferences
Note
Once used by a book, the BOOK remembers the settings used unless you click the 'Restore Defaults" button on the conversion screen (or tick the box if doing multiple books at the same time), at which time, it will read the CURRENT preferences.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
I'm sorry, the ducks, but I really don't understand what you mean.

All I know, is that, before v3, my conversions ePub->PDF were successful. Since v3, all of them failed, and gave the same document, whatever I changed in the conversions parameters.

Since v3.6 release, all is OK now ...

Topic close for me.
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote