Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
Maddcow
Maddcow began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Amazon AZW3 conversion to PDF creating too many breaks

Hi all.
I bought a music book in Kindle format on Amazon last night, thinking it'd be easy to convert to PDF using Calibre. However, I'm getting a lot of breaks between titles and the music images. Initially, I was getting breaks between the song title, tempo/style making AND the music images but after following some advice on this forum and using just / in the Structure Detection settings, I'm now only getting breaks before/after the music images.

Does anyone know how I can get the titles AND music image onto the same page without a break between them?

The images below are
1. Title and tempo/style text only
2. Music image only
3. Combined title/tempo text and music image (as it should be)

Cheers
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titles.png
Views:	176
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	159392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music.png
Views:	184
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	159393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Titles and Music.png
Views:	180
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	159394  
Maddcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way you can force an image the size of a page or larger to be on the same page as the text.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Maddcow
Maddcow began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Hmm, ok. What's interesting is that of the 430-odd pages in this book, about 50 pages converted perfectly. I had to copy/paste the remainder of the music images onto the pages with text. No resizing of the images was necessary as there was heaps of room on each page. I wonder why a small number of pages converted perfectly? And why the remainder didn't, when the images were only about 3/4 of the page size? Weird.
Maddcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote