Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-08-2024, 08:38 AM   #1
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Koreader only showing italics with a certain typeface

first of all, I would like to thank toi all the koreader developers which made the perfect reader for my elipsa 2e. I only got one problem, not big, just i don't know how to solve it: I have two typefaces which are only showing the italics. the saud typefaces are Baskerville10 pro and Baskerville120 Pro. and, yes, they are properly named fontname-regular/italic/bold/bolditalic.xxx. thank you in advance for any idea
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #2
jonnyl
Connoisseur
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
So in the same book, all other settings being equal, other fonts would display correctly?

I'm not sure what the problem could be. One thing you could do is check the koreader/crash.log file, which logs the start-up process of KOReader (among other things). If those fonts don't load correctly, it would register in that log file. In that case, the fonts don't meet technical specifications required by the rendering engine, and there's probably not much you could do.

It's still unusual though that it would fall back to an italics font. KOReader doesn't depend on filenames to determine font style by the way. Have you used the fonts on a computer or different ereader (or Nickel) and they work fine there?
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #3
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
So in the same book, all other settings being equal, other fonts would display correctly?

I'm not sure what the problem could be. One thing you could do is check the koreader/crash.log file, which logs the start-up process of KOReader (among other things). If those fonts don't load correctly, it would register in that log file. In that case, the fonts don't meet technical specifications required by the rendering engine, and there's probably not much you could do.

It's still unusual though that it would fall back to an italics font. KOReader doesn't depend on filenames to determine font style by the way. Have you used the fonts on a computer or different ereader (or Nickel) and they work fine there?
yes, only with those fonts and, oddly enough, they render correctly on nickel
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote