Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-29-2024, 04:06 PM   #1
Verdi-Fan
Verdi-Fan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 3
PDF to EPUB Conversion - best practice?

Good evening!
First of all, a big compliment to the creator of Caliber Software. A wonderful program that I am discovering more and more for myself.
A question about conversion:
I get the best results when I convert a PDF file to an *.epub file .
Vice versa its a catastrophe and that's not the point here either

PDF to Epub is a very very good result. Does anyone have experience with how to optimize the results? So a smaller font size so as not to produce so many pages, etc. I always get an incredible number of pages. Are there any instructions or tips for this? Thank you very much!
Kind regards
VF
Verdi-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #2
aborel
Enthusiast
aborel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
Surprising post: your observation is opposite to the usual experience and the official FAQ https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...-pdf-documents . Converting to PDF usually works better than PDF to anything.

Now if your PDFs produce something reasonable, by all means, go for it :-) However, you might have more control on the output if you convert to a fully editable format (docx, odt or RTF), fix all issues using your word processor of choice, and then convert to epub.
aborel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert