Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
BlackStar5795
BlackStar5795 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Can't convert a large file

I want to convert a kindle book that I bought to pdf so that I can use another app to handwrite notes on it.
I used the DeDRM plugin and I was able to convert it up to 67% where it stops. I was converting it overnight and woke up with it saying error with a runtime of 440+ min.
Is there any way to fix this?
BlackStar5795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar5795 View Post
Is there any way to fix this?
@BlackStar5795 - Probably more memory in the computer.

If you had copied and posted the error message we would know for certain.

You could try converting it via another tool - there's a couple mentioned in the "Read this before Posting PDF Questions at the tope of this sub furum

I use Mobipocket Creator and then convert its output (html or prc) to EPUB

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-06-2015 at 01:21 AM. Reason: greyed out some text to reflect Peter T's admonition ;)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Remember it's a conversion TO pdf not FROM pdf..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote