Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
CharlO
CharlO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Question Kindle 4th NT flashing screen

Hi!

I've bought a Kindle 4th a couple of year ago, it's a device I love. Almost two months ago I accidentaly dropped in the pool, I was reading on it and it had >85% bat, so I guessed it was dead.

It was left on an open book, and completely unresponsive (left it for two weeks, charged, tried every button combination I found / could think of)

I know Amazon sometimes replaces such accidents, but living in Argentina it wasn't a real choice.

So I left it there, hoping to buy a new one later on.

I recently found the only one video explaining how to open one, and giving it for a loss I decided to try if I could find anything. I actually succeeded, and found sulfuration (not sure about that word) in the battery connector, I cleaned it all up and closed up.

I proceeded to charge it and for first time in two months I saw it do something, screen went white. I took that for a good sign.

Started searching the web for something and found this: http://blog.laptopmag.com/kindle-critical-battery-error

I thought, that might be it, my battery is really dead after all this time. Gave it a try and it's doing something else now, it's flashing on and off the screen (White 45 secs, black half a sec, loop)

Does anybody have any key combination to try, or possible fix?

Thanks a lot for your time
CharlO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, kindle 4th