Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 04:23 AM   #1
zzaino
Enthusiast
zzaino began at the beginning.

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
Device: Kindle paperwhite
Calibre and CC

Hi
I bought a new android tablet that I would like to use mainly as a comics viewer.
I installed CC and I regularly use Calibre on my desktop.
If I open CC and connect the tablet to Calibre, I can download the comics / books from my library but only one at a time.
I can use Calibre to send the comics to the tablet via cable connection using the options provided but CC does not "see" the comics even if they are in the same folder as the "downloaded" ones!
What am I doing wrong?
Yet:
Calibre does not send some metadata to the tablet (for example covers and series); therefore the comics cannot be divided by series or author and the cover isn't the one I chose and inserted on Calibre but it is the one inside the cbr / cbz / pdf file.
Thanks
zzaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:37 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzaino View Post
If I open CC and connect the tablet to Calibre, I can download the comics / books from my library but only one at a time.
How do you connect
As a wireless device, you can transfer the books marked in Calibre from your computer at once.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
zzaino
Enthusiast

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
Hello
Thanks
What is the difference between wireless and server?
I can connect to calibre server (I set userid and pwd) but I can't conncet wireless; Calibre asks for a password which is not that of the content server and I don't understand where to find/change it.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:52 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzaino View Post
What is the difference between wireless and server?
In wireless Calibre determines what must be sent. In server mode, the transfer requests come from Calibre Companion.
Quote:
I can connect to calibre server (I set userid and pwd) but I can't conncet wireless; Calibre asks for a password which is not that of the content server and I don't understand where to find/change it.
This can be a firewall problem.
Calibre must be able to allow network access.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:45 PM   #5
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Don't know anything about comics but try installing the reading list plugin. Conect using wireless and then sync.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
In wireless Calibre determines what must be sent. In server mode, the transfer requests come from Calibre Companion.This can be a firewall problem.
Calibre must be able to allow network access.
Every so often, Calibre Companion(?) says that it need the pwd for access (to the Calibre library); I use the wireless mode. I think it depends on how much time had passed since the last time I used Calibre or CC; if it was a day, then no "pwd" needed.

For the password, I just enter my win 10 login pwd as I had believed that it is the a windows "security" check for access to the partition/drive.

No password was required until a windows security update happened! Or it was the CC change over to the new regime.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:34 AM   #7
zzaino
Enthusiast

Thanks to all
I managed to connect the tablet wirelessly and finally I got it!
Calibre sends covers and other metadata and the tablet displays them correctly.