Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
bozhidar
bozhidar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo completely frozen even after restart

Hello.. I have Kobo Mini for some months already, it had started to slow down since the last month a lot, 2 days ago it froze and afterwords never worked. I tried restarting with a paper clip, it restart, and freezes after the Kobo screen, where it lists the books. I can't do anything afterwards. Both the Turn On/Off button restart, or the other restart from the back are doing anything, it always get to the point of the home screen and it is completely not responsible.. I don't know my firmware, I also can't connect it to computer.
Do you have any ideas?
bozhidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If it is still under warranty contact Kobo and tell them your reader will not work and request exchange for new Kobo Mini. You could have replacement in about a month.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If your Kobo Mini is out of warranty you can snap off outer back, remove 6 screws and separate back half from front half. Remove internal micro SD card and install new micro SD card with good image of Kobo OS from working Kobo Mini. You can use up to 32GB micro SD card and expand end of partition with the image to include unused space.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193321
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote