Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #1
Nirodha
Nirodha began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air
All filenames were changed to lowercase, can I bulk edit database to correct the path

I recently moved my libraries from my Windows desktop to a Debain media server. I stupidly bulk renamed all my files/folders for avoid case-sensitivity problems going forward. This was fine for my other purposes (e.g. Plex data) because the databases are rebuilt quickly and easily. But my Calibre database has tons of hand edited values from years of use. I could rebuild from scratch, but I'm hoping there's a way to just change the paths to lower in the existing db. I tried doing it using sqlite3, but keep running in to "no such function: title_sort", I'm not sure why. I assume it's a custom function.

Can I use calibredb to edit these paths?
Nirodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am not sure this will help;
Quality check plugin: Fix: Check and rename book paths.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Create a new empty calibre library, then right click the add books button and choose add books from folders and sub folders and then one book per folder and select the old library folder, it will re-create your library restoring all metadata.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote