Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 11:22 PM   #1
masp
Enthusiast
masp began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
how to view/filter library by series/series index

My Nova Pro is awesome but has one long-standing deficiency (for me): in the library view I can't view, filter or sort my books by series: I often want to read books in the same series, in a particular order, but can't always remember which title comes before the next: unfortunately I haven't found any way to configure the library viewer to show my this (series + series index) information or to interact with it. Short of installing another e-reader that has its own built-in library view, is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!
masp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:15 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by masp View Post
My Nova Pro is awesome but has one long-standing deficiency (for me): in the library view I can't view, filter or sort my books by series: I often want to read books in the same series, in a particular order, but can't always remember which title comes before the next: unfortunately I haven't found any way to configure the library viewer to show my this (series + series index) information or to interact with it. Short of installing another e-reader that has its own built-in library view, is there any way to achieve this?
I am using Calibre Companion
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #3
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
i always keep an epub calibre generated catalog for the books still unread.

books are sorted by authors / titles / series / descriptions
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #4
masp
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I am using Calibre Companion
Thank: I tried running Calibre Companion, but it doesn't seem to see the books I've already installed via Calibre (send to device). I guess I would need to delete all the books and then install them again via Companion? And then would Companion give me the series view I want and let me launch NeoReader for each book?
Old 02-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by masp View Post
Thank: I tried running Calibre Companion, but it doesn't seem to see the books I've already installed via Calibre (send to device). I guess I would need to delete all the books and then install them again via Companion? And then would Companion give me the series view I want and let me launch NeoReader for each book?
Yes, that's how it should work - but I use the AlReader as a reading application
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #6
masp
Enthusiast

Sounds good: will give it a try (and maybe also try AIReader and Moon as I see they're quite popular!). Thanks!