Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
Ghostwalk
Ghostwalk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo Glo HD not recognized by Calibre

My Kobo Aura died so I replaced it with a Kobo Glo HD, but now Calibre does not recognize this new device. I have searched the forum but couldn't find any answer. Someone please help or point me to relevant posts if any thanks very much !!!
Ghostwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Without some details, we can't help. So, what is the error calibre? Is the OS seeing the device? Is it mounting the driver properly? What OS? What firmware did the device upgrade to?

In any case, the two most likely reasons are you are running an old version of calibre from before the Glo HD was released, in which case you should update calibre. Or you Windows 10 machine has just updated itself and no longer supports the Kobo device. In which case, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276349.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
Ghostwalk

davidfor thank you for the link! I bypassed the thread because I thought it was for win10 preview build. I used minitool to reformat and it's working fine now. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwalk View Post
davidfor thank you for the link! I bypassed the thread because I thought it was for win10 preview build. I used minitool to reformat and it's working fine now. Thanks again.
Well, it was for the preview build, but as the update has been released, the discussion has continued there.

So, does that mean you are running the updated Win10?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Ghostwalk

Win 10 Pro
Build 10580

Not the latest I think.
Advert