Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
So you wanna read in the dark huh...

Now I know this has nothing to do with our beloved E Ink display, but Gizmodo has some news about an interesting little gadget: known as "the Illuminator," it fits onto the corner of a book and allows you to read, even in the darkest of places. Spec's for thing say:
  • Approx 40 hours battery when powered by 3 AAA's
  • Price approx $69.95 USD

Original Gizmodo link here
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Looks pretty much like a Lightwedge.
Edit: actually, it is a Lightwedge. Check the image and zoom in.

Last edited by igorsk; 11-22-2006 at 09:40 AM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Might be good for a reader but it does'nt work for a book! You need to change the thing from page to page, unless you get two! Then again when you turn...aw! That really sucks!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
...just use a petzl led head torch - 3 AAA batteries, 80 hours usage and cost about $30, so you can read for twice as long and take your partner out to dinner beforehand with the $40 you save :-)
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
Ummmmmm, does this mean that I can't hope my Sony Reader will have as an upgrade path an optional illumination button for reading in the dark motel room at 3 AM when I can't sleep??
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think in the current hardware, we're stuck with add on stuff, though with PRS-1000, who knows?

And of course for the truly hard-core, there's always this option
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote